Thursday, June 9, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: Santiago Wanderers of Valparaiso

Futbol as Football Series: Club de Deportes Santiago Wanderers from the Chilean Campeonato Nacional.

This is a hello to the visitor we had from Chile and also in recognition of the Wanderers' cool Badge/Lettermark.

The club has fairly simple kits with the 2016 home being forest green sporting a sublimated diamond pattern, and the away is grey with pinstripes.

In my "generic template" designs I tried to replicate both the diamond (for sublimated shoulder pattern) and pinstripe for the body of the jersey. It maybe tooooooo much.

I admit it....

For the "Real World" designs I went with templates from Russell. Macron are the Port Men's kit manufacturer and for an American/Canadian corollary I went with Russell. Some of Russell's designs are not my favorite. They have some nice simple options yet it seems they've over designed some of their other templates. The jersey template (I'll get you the specs later on) can be a rough one if done wrong and looks decent if done right. They have a lot of sublimation options at their disposal and I intigrated my take on the Wanderer's diamond pattern for their sleeves. I kept the hooped socks and went with no stripes on the helmet.

Fonts used: Numbers: Squares Bold, Name on Back - Marty for "uinones" and Shibuya for the Q, Team/City name on front - Homestead Regular.









No comments:

Post a Comment