Saturday, May 28, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: FC Sheriff Tiraspol


Futbol as Football Series: FC Sheriff Tiraspol from the Moldovan Divizia Națională.

First off, I just want to say I am not trying to make a Dallas Cowboys uniform in Pittsburgh Steelers colors. Yeah, I'm a Cowboys fan and yes you can add in your standard Cowboys smirk here -- I'm okay with that.

I chose to make this concept after receiving some guests from Moldova and because of their crest - a wild west sheriff's badge! It is so simple and straight forward that I was able to reduced it to just the background five points for the helmet sticker. 

Sheriff Tiraspol is on the top end of the ladder in Moldova's National Division and has caused a ruckus in years past within the Eurpoa Cup. I'm sure if you are apart of the opposition and see the Gold and Black on the pitch you know you'll be in for a dogfight! 

Or a Showdown at the Tiraspol Saloon or whatever wild west cliche you can think of ;).

I chose Sheriff's 2014/15 home uniform to base my American/Canadian Football concepts on because of the yoke and sleeve pattern. For my "Generic template" I based my design on the Montreal Alouettes' yoke and sleeve cap design. I didn't include a stripe around the shoulder like the Als and the NY Jets for my final products.

Sheriff is an Adidas squad and for my inspiration I decided to pattern my "Real World" template on a league that has recently changed to the Three-Stripes: The CFL. I chose a "Real World" template similar to designs worn by Calgary, Saskatchewan and the BC Lions. I used a three stripe design similar to the multiple-line style of the Hamilton Ti-Cats (and maybe just a little tip-of-the-cap to Adidas) for the pant stripe and around the neck.

Fonts used: Name on Back - Barbaro, Numbers - Greasy Spoon NF with Haymaker spurs, Name on Front/wordmark - Chuck Noon. 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment