Friday, July 1, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: AEK Larnaca

Futbol as Football Series: AEK Larnaca from the Cypriot First Division.

Admission off the bat: I misspelled Larnaca on the jerseys! I'm usually good about checking and double checking names, yet this time I'm messed up!

I'll try to get an update on that as soon as possible.

We had a guest from Cyprus a few months ago and it's about time for me to tip my hat and do a squad from the third largest island in the Mediterranean. 

The Green-yellows were runner-ups last season in First Division and have represented Cyprus well in Europa competition. 

AEK, formally known as Athletiki Enosi Kition Larnakas, gets their name from the ancient Greek City-State of Kition. 

Here's a brief history on the origin from wikipedia:


The colours of the club are yellow and green and their emblem is admiral Kimon, who died at the seafront defending the city of Kition (modern Larnaca) in a major battle in Cyprus at about 450 BC, in a fight against the Persians. He had told his officers to keep the news of his possible death secret. The quote "Και Νεκρος Ενικα" ("Even in death he was victorious") refers to Kimon.

Larnaca (sorry folks about the misspelling) are decked out by Puma wearing their traditional Green and Yellow with black and white alternate strips! As an American/Canadian football uniform supplier corollary, I went with Under Armour Auburn Jerseys with Run and Gun Pants for my "Real World" concepts. I didn't change much from the "Generic" to the "Real World" designs because I didn't want to....

<childish folding of the arms>

Which leads to the question: When I do an UnderArmour futbol team, will I go with UA?

Fonts used: Komikazoom for the Names and Numbers, Australia Titile for the city name on front.

On a side note: My old high school uses the USC Trojan for their symbol (they're known as the Warriors). I mean, if they're going to use USC's symbol, why not AEK's or Spartak Moscow's Hockey symbol? 

That's it... I'mmmmmma hafta do another mock up for my old high school! 

 

Update 2 July 2016: I got off my duff and fixed 'em!
 














No comments:

Post a Comment