Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: Undrið FF

Futbol as Football Series:  Undrið FF from the 2. deild in the Faeroe Islands.

I came across Undrið while taking a gander through teams in the Faeroe Islands. The squads in the Premier League and 1. deild didn't quiiiiiiiiiite catch my attention.

Then I saw Undrið, clicked on the link and not only did the badge catch my attention, but their badge from 2006-2010 (??) made me want to do a concept for this team.

It is TOUGH to find images for the squad's current futbol kit. I came across a video and some game footage from their Facebook site to get enough information to take a go at a concept.

I reworked their 10th anniversay badge into what you see above for a helmet emblem. I took the broken lines from the emblem and turned them into Temple style uniform stripes. I was having difficulty figuring out what to do for the sleeve caps and went with the stripes similar to the pant stripes. I'm kicking myself for not having TV numbers on the shoulders. Now, in retrospect, I can see that would add something to the design. For my Real World concept I went with the Nike Mach5 design.

Fonts used: Aldo the Apache for the numbers and Team name on front, XXII Don't Mess With Vikings for the Name on Back.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment