Monday, July 18, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: Lincoln Red Imps

Futbol as Football Series: Lincoln Red Imps from the Gibraltar Premier Division.

I settled on the Red Imps after their upset win over Celtic FC. So, in a way, this is a bandwagon concept.

I based Lincoln's helmet design on the 1950s UNC Tar Heels/1940s Rams. Just after I had designed the helmets I realized that a friend of mine, the Big Kahuna from the AAIFA, had created a design for his Detroit Demons' concept helmet using these decals at one point.

I hang my head in shame.

Okay, I'm back to normal.

The Imp from Lincoln's badge is neat, yet I felt it didn't work for this concept. I searched around the net and went to one of my sources for free clipart, clker.com, to see what I could find. I found a neat little imp and felt his normal horns weren't enough for my final product. I didn't want to do something exactly like my Avenir Beggen Pixie design, yet I knew a helmet needed to be part of the mascot's look. I searched the web for 1950s helmets and came across UNC's 1954 lid.. When I added it to the Imp, the horns, the helmet, and the puckish smile all worked well together!

I kept Lincoln's vertical stripes for the "Generic Kit Concept", and they have a unique look compared to my other striped offerings. 

Since the Red Imps are outfitted by Joma, I stayed consistent with my crossovers and gave Riddell a go for the "Real World" strip. I noticed that Lincoln's away jumper has a stripe that comes from the underarm gusset to the collar. I went with Riddell's Performance 25 jersey and added Chevrons instead of vertical stripes. Just looked better in this setting. I used Wildcat 10 pants to finish out the look.

Fonts used: Numbers/Names: Doeregon, Name on front: Peterbilt. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment