Thursday, April 14, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: FC Astra Giurgiu

Futbol as Football Series: FC Astra Giurgiu from Liga I Orange out of Romania.

This is an ode to the folks from Romania who visited the blog. I forgot why I chose Astra and I think it was because of their crest. 

The club uses four-pointed stars on their badge and I wanted to emulate that in a different way for the team's identity. I was trying to find a star-styled-halftone pattern and came across Ministry of Type on how to create the pattern I used on the uniform and helmet. I decided to do a kit-from-scratch for the Dracii Negrii based on their basic Puma futbol kit.

(Yeah, it has a Pittsburgh Steelers feel) 

I utilized the stripe pattern from Texas A&M and added in a design between the stripes kinda like the Argyle of UNC. I stayed with the uniform combinations instead of mixing and matching like I have with other squads.

Simple does it and simple is how it will go.

I went with UnderArmour as the team's "Real Life" uniform provider. As I have said before: Nike would be number one for number of squads under the swoosh, Adidas number two and UnderArmour a stout 3. With Nike and Adidas already both futbol and Football kit manufacturers, I went with UA in place of Puma since the Big Cat doesn't do American Football uniforms anymore. I chose UnderArmour's Brawler jersey template because it would work well with the shoulder stripes with Auburn templated pants.

Fonts used: Number and Name on Back: Game Sans Serif 7, Team/City name on front: Acknowledgement







No comments:

Post a Comment