Monday, April 4, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: Lille OSC


Futbol as Football Series: Lille OSC from Ligue 1 of France.

This is a shout to the folks from France who visited the blog recently! 

Lille's badge uniquely combines a Great Dane with flame (I believe, I might be wrong) to make it look like to big dog is running. I adapted the Great Dane head from their crest for the helmet and the Fleur de Lis for the shoulder treatment. I put a reduced version of the squad's badge on the chest with a team wordmark on the left.

I at first didn't want to add anything to the shoulders because Lille's base futbol kit is fantastically simple. Against my better judgement, I added the badge's Fleur and it works.

 I also thought it would be cool to keep the full Dane silhouette for a helmet symbol with Lille written out. I had it stuck in my mind that a wordmark needed to be on the helmet. When I reduced the Dane to just a head and placed it on the helmet just like Kansas State, I saw that it worked better! 

One thing about football helmet stickers is simpler is better. I kept my other helmet concept so you could see what I am talking about.

I did a red kit based on their primary strip, a white kit with a reddish gray shoulder coloring called Ford Light Gun Metal Gray, and the team's second kit in Gold, Black and White. 

Realistic template is the Nike 51 uniform system. Fonts used: a4 serif for the Name on back, Hyouzi Display 2 for the numbers and the wordmark is Springsteel Serif. 











No comments:

Post a Comment