Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: KVC Westerlo

Futbol as Football Series: KVC Westerlo of the Belgian Pro League

First order of business, The Rooster  that I used is from mmagician catch fire which you can find at Deviant Art. Westerlo's mascot is De Kemphaans (the Ruffs) and they have a cool drawn rooster that represents the team well. 

It just didn't work well for a helmet symbol. 

So I scoured the internet for something that would work as well and I found mmagician's hand drawn caricature and added color. 

Westerlo uses a Saller kit with a sublimated halftone pattern around the collar. I've experimented with a halftone design on an RPG Football team I have and when I saw the design of Westerlo's kits I knew I had to give it a go.

The standard template is what I would probably pattern their American/Canadian uniforms after if I had my choice. It is the closest representation to what Westerlo wears which is in step with part of the intent of my experiment. I patterned the top of the shoulder stripe after the USC Trojans with heavy use of TV numbers on the sleeve.

Now, for my "real world" concept, Georgia Tech's 2009 uniforms seemed to be a design that could house the Westerlo look. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but with the neck scoop piping, shoulder inserts and such, it seemed to be what would work for The Ruffs. I searched through the Russell catalog and found an interesting pant design that I felt would give this concept a bit more... pizzazz?

Font used: Carbon Bl by Typodermic Fonts












2 comments:

  1. Hey
    Thanks for the using my rooster :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing! I apologize for not sending you a message yet to let you know I used it. It would look amazing on a football helmet and my hat is off to you!

    ReplyDelete