Friday, March 18, 2016

GAA as Football: Kerry County GAA


GAA as Football Series: Kerry County of Ireland's GAA  

(I will clean up the Crown C, promise!)

This is my tip of the hat to the folks who visited the blog from Ireland over the past few weeks. 

This isn't Futbol; it's Gaelic Football and Hurling as American Football! 

I have minimal exposure to both sports through Youtube Highlight videos. The closest full-length game I've seen that compares to GAA is the International Series between the Australian Football and Gaelic Football All-Stars. 

Gaelic Football uses a round ball and incorporates (sorry if I'm off base) futbol, rugby, and some similar rules to AFL. Big hits, big scores and big celebrations!

What more could you ask?

I tried to use a crest from the league which I could easily incorporate into helmet/shoulder symbols (cause I've been kinda busy lately and I wanted to do something simple - I'M SORRY, OKAY! I'll probably take another crack at a GAA squad in the near future). There are many neat elements in their crest which I have added into parts of the uniform. I took the Crown C from the word mark and made it into the helmet sticker! OOOOOOOO - look out Chicago Bears! I incorporated the word mark and placed it on the chest of the jersey. I used the Stag and Fern for the shoulder emblems and put the Ship and Rock as hip symbol and back of jersey mark. I borrowed the Northwestern jersey idea for the front and back of the uniform and added the O'Neill's three stripes to the shoulders. For the "realistic" template, I used Tim E O'Brien's Adidas True Fit template (since Adidas and O'Neill's both use the triple stripe).

Kerry GAA's nickname is "The Kingdom of Kerry" and I'm kicking myself for not having that written on the inside collar. 

I may do that at a later date.

Fonts used: Mixolydian Titling for the NOB and the 5 with DANDH (from rail-sim-stuff.com) for the 1.










No comments:

Post a Comment