Thursday, March 10, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: West Sydney Wanderers

Futbol as Football Series: West Sydney Wanderers from the A-League of Australia.

This one goes out to the folks from Oz who have recently visited my page! The A-League has some squads with epic designs such as the Melbourne Victory, Brisbane Roar and the West Sydney Wanderers. If you check out old school Gridiron photos there are a few squads who wore hoops on their jerseys. One squad that comes to mind is the early 1900s Arkansas Cardinal (Razorbacks). Currently, Northwestern and Navy have stripes across the midsection of their tops and I decided to experiment with full jersey hoops for the Wanderers' concept. I know I've had stripes on other concepts, and it shouldn't be much of a difference, yet I went with WSW and their trademark hoops. If there is a difference between vertical stripes and hoops, please let me know!

Also, the Interlocking WSW from their badge screams helmet sticker! And, man, does it work on an American Football Helmet!! I also created a subdued version relegating the hoops to just shoulder stripes which you can see at the bottom.   

Fonts: Number/Name on Back: Vincent. Wordmark: Typographica












No comments:

Post a Comment