Friday, March 18, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: Daegu FC


Futbol as Football Series: Daegu FC from South Korea's K-League Challenge.

Since I did a squad from the DPRK, I thought it would be fitting to also do a team from the Republic of Korea, ie South Korea. There are some cool squad badges and wordmarks which I felt would make great helmet stickers. My first foray into the K-Leagues comes a squad that needed very little tweaking to make their crest work. 

I'm not quite sure what Daegu FC's mascot is, yet their badge symbol is fantastic in my humble opinion. 

You'll notice that I am using two different templates for teams right now. The main one (simpler) is a template you can find at the Gridiron Uniform Database. They employ a universal template for ease of use. I have also been trying to show how the uniforms will look using different styles such as the Nike Hypercool template (which I found at Chris Creamer's Sportslogos.net forums), Adidas' TechFit, UA or even NewBalance, Russell, etc. This is to give you both a uniform feel and a realistic look.

Fonts used: Number: Homestead Inline, Name on Back: Droid Sans Fallback, Hangul Daegu FC is Typo_SsangmunDong.







2 comments:

  1. Doing the K-League proud. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hopefully this will bring more attention to both the K-League and Daegu FC!!

      Delete