Friday, April 29, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: KAA Gent

Futbol as Football Series: KAA Gent from the Belgian Jupiler Pro League.

This is my second foray into the Belgian top flight for Futbol as Football. Their badge is unique for a European club and I decided to give a redesign a go.

I can't remember if I saw an article about it at Uni Watch or another website. Outside of controversies surrounding Native American Imagery and sports in the United States, the Chieftain looks as if it is a US helmet logo already and seemed a nice fit.

Jartazi , a Belgian uniform firm, designs the Buffaloes' kits. I went with templates from the UK outfit Kukri for my "real world" designs.

I recreated their current kits onto the basic form for my "generic" concept.

I decided to go with a couple-a-different flavors for my "Real World" concepts based on Kukri templates. I combined the football kit's top-o-the-shoulder stripes with Kukri's Stafford kit in two different ways. The first with both sleeve stripes and the second with the sleeve cap stripe only. The second template I went with was Kukri's Djebel combined with my reduced Stafford sleeve striping.

I try to stick with rules based on American and Canadian standards for uniformery (is that even a word?!?!?). With the ones at the top I threw caution to the wind! I took a page from the letter-fronted throwback designs and combined them with the European rules for Basketball and voila - the design you see.


Fonts Used: Name on Back - Russo One, Numbers - TitilliumMaps26L


















No comments:

Post a Comment