Saturday, October 7, 2017

Futbol as Football Series: Club Necaxa

Futbol as Football Series: Club Necaxa from Liga MX  of Mexico.

Los Rayos - the Thunderbolts! 

How could I not pass up this sqaud! In trying to find a symbol for Necaxa, I did my normal search and wound up with a patch from a Ralph Lauren jacket which looks akin to the Attack Squadron patches from the US Navy. (One example - Atkron 42). Plus it already had three stars...

Totally meant to be, right?!?!

Their 2018 strip will incorporate the lightning bolt instead of the vertical stripes they currently sport from  their supplier: Charly. It is a sharp looking kit.

I decided to go with their current 2017 standard for this concept. I used an Acme Packers style circle to house the front numbers and went with a style similar to their Umbro kits of last year for the back. I kept the crest around the collar line and on the right leg for both concepts.

For the "Real World" concept I used several templates from Garb Athletics. For the jersey I used Ambridge (Steeler style shoulder stripes)/Santa Barbara (with the lightning bolt)/Kasher (side panels) with a mix of their Florida & Iowa pants design. 

Fonts used: Numerals/Name on Back: Horta. Wordmark: Reckless 






No comments:

Post a Comment