Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Futbol as Football Series: Greve Fodbold

Futbol as Football Series: #GreveFodbold from the #Danish2ndDivision from #Denmark.

This is another tip of the hat to the guests we had from Denmark.

Denmark has a healthy #AmericanFootball heritage, so me doing a #FutbolasFootball concept in a way seems redundant (with my growing education of the AmFLs around the world!). 

Has this stopped me? NO!

I dipped into Danish Divisions of Futbol and settled on the Danish 2nd Division squad Greve Fodbold because the city symbol on their badge would look great on a lid!

Plus their nickname is Den Blå Bølge (The #BlueWave #DenBlåBølge). I thought about redoing the Fighting Green Wave from Tulane/Narrows HS (VA)/Ashbrook HS (NC) to put on the uniform...

I passed on it, so I'll show you here -- cause I'm nutty like that!

I found a cool minimalist wave from Clipart-Library.com and it has become a nice shoulder symbol.

For both my "Generic" and "Real World" mock-ups I adapted the collar design from the Greve Fodbold Ladies' squad. @grevefodboldkvinder

I kept the pant stripe and helmet stripe simple. I tried using a wave style pant stripe and I changed my mind. There's enough going on with the helmet and shoulder design that I went simple. 

BUT THERE IS A STRIPE!!

Since Hummel does their real world futbol kit, I was thinking which American Football kit manufacturer I could go with. After two minutes of deliberation, I settled on #AlphaPerformance. I have been following their designs and I seriously hope they get a bigger foothold in the sporting world! I like Nike's uniforms, I am fine with some of what UnderArmour does, Adidas... they have some good uniforms. The #A is doing some big things in the European leagues and hopefully they can get a few more teams here in the US and could hang with the big 3 manufacturers and could surpass Russell. 

#jussayin

I went with their V8 pants and their V9 jerseys. Check out England's national Gridiron squad who flosses in Alpha V9 outfit system. Throw in #SaarlandHurricanes, #SchwäbischHallUnicorns, #AFCBiennaJets, #WasaRoyals, #FortBendStorm.

I also placed #Sjaelland's logo on the back of the helmet and used Denmark's alternative flag on the jerseys.

Font Used: New Athletic M54, Wordmark: Gentlemanly and Excelsior Sans.









No comments:

Post a Comment