Monday, December 25, 2017

Futbol as Football Series: CD Santurtzi KE

Futbol as Football Series: #CDSanturtziKE from the #TerceraDivision from #SanJorge in the #BasqueCountry of #Spain.

#TipOfTheHat to the folks who visited the blog from #Spain!

I dug through the different levels of Spanish Futbol and there are some coooool nicknames!

Such as #YellowSubmarine, #ClockworkCheddar, #ClockworkHazelnut, #Firmlanders -- I may have to go down those rabbit-holes in the future.

Plus, I haven't done a squad in my favorite color (or the accursed  sports color from uni-watch.com) PURPLE! Digging into #CDSanturtzi's website (through the translate function) and looking for a nickname for the squad I learned the team is nicknamed the #PurpleOnes, #SpartaClub (first squads), and #Santurtzians.

Their first kit is... UNIQUE!  

And that's in a GOOOOOOOD way!!

I decided to use their camiseta design to see how it would look on a jersey. Part of my shtick is seeing how futbol shirts would possibly translate directly onto gridiron templates. Other times it's configuring what is there into something  a bit different, or just reworking the whole daggum thing into somethine totally new.

I did a bit of the first and second to come up with some concepts. I did a straight copy/paste to come up with a mine idea then I took some of the outlines from the original to create a shoulder cap/side panel then a yoke/side panel idea. For the 1-to-1 comparison, I went with a font design as similar to their kit as I could. For my off designs, I went with something with harder edges.

I only converted two of my designs from my "Generic" mock-ups  to convert into my "Real World" designs. I went with #TNKD and the magic they can make with sublimation.

Expect more concepts from the Spanish divisions soon!

Fonts used: Numbers: Komika Title - Axis & H74 Ocelot Piss, Name on Back: Bolivia No Problem, Team Name: fs.hello














No comments:

Post a Comment