Monday, January 15, 2018

Futbol as Football Series: PSPS Riau (PSPS Pekanbaru)

Futbol as Football Series: #PSPSPekanbaru / #PSPSRiau from the #Liga2 of #Indonesia.

Another big ole #THANKYOU for the folks from Indonesia who have visited the blog over the past few months.

While I was searching through the leagues for a team to possibly transpose from #Futbol team to #Football team, I came across the Wikipedia page from the Askar Bertuah (Lucky Warriors) and noticed their other nickname:

THE SUMATRAN TAPIR!

It was then ON like Donkey Kong! I immediately thought of the logo for the #ArkansasRazorbacks (one which i LOVE) and had to try to recreate the Hog into the Tapir. I haven't been able to draw a lot due to an injury I sustained (ahem - did to myself) to my hand back in August which has prevented me from drawing a lot. 

I didn't get a decent 1:1 recreation, yet I think I did an okay job.

#PSPS have had some nice kits over the years and I made a mix of an older jersey (which you can see at their facebook page) with their latest jumper from #CLCS. They have some neat designs on their home/away kits and I HAD to incorporate it into my mockups. Instead of having the yoke/stripe on the front of the jersey I swapped it to the back with a color patch on the back just like the Malaysian Tapir.  I also incorporated their Uniform Badge (with an American Football instead of a futbol).

This became a FUN jersey to create. For my Real World mock-up, I went with #SeigeSports who do the #USNFT (US National Football Team) U19,17,15 squads. I happened to come across a photo for the #USNFT U19 squad in preparation for the International Bowl (19s beat #TeamNordic, the 18-select lost to #UANLAutenticoTigres). Now, some of Siege's designs aren't my favorite, yet they have some pretty nice concepts/designs that do look wonderful! I went with their S3 template and I hope you enjoy.

Fonts used: Old School Athletic.









No comments:

Post a Comment