Saturday, January 20, 2018

Futbol as Football Series: TB FCS Royn

Futbol as Football Series: #TBFCSRoyn from the #Effodeildin of #FaroeIslands

A big Takk Fyri #THANKYOU  #TAKKFYRI to the folks who have visited the blog from the Faroe Islands!

This is my second club design from our friends from the North Atlantic and this club caught my attention due to the origin of the squad. It is a merger (2017) between three teams from #Suðuroy Island: #TBTvøroyri, #FCSuðuroy and #RoynHvalba. From the team's Wikipedia Page:

The name is too long to use, so the media started to use the word Suðuroyarliðið in stead, which means The team from Suðuroy and the supporters and the chairmen have agreed upon using the word Suðringar, which means People of Suðuroy.
It is not uncommon in the United States for communities or small High Schools, especially in rural communities in North & South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, etc., to "join forces" in order to fields a Grid Iron team. 
Examples: Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg (#NorthDakota), Clark Co/Watersprings (#Idaho), Grass Range-Winnette (#Montana), Lingle-Fort Laramie (#Wyoming)  I understand this happens quite often in Club Futbol around the world and looked like a great project to take on. 

I decided to see what history/wildlife I could use as a visual image for Suðuroyarliðið for the squad's livery. Also, the team's uniform outfitter, Hummel, played a big part of what I went with for the visual identity of the club. I used one of the nesting birds that calls the island home, the European Storm Petrel, as a mascot. I combined the Petrel and the flame from the clubs current crest as a logo. To top it all off I got to use the color Phthalo Green (#123524) in the squad's color palate.

I went with a curved shoulder stripe/yoke and a colored side panel for my mock ups. On the "Generic" mock up, I used a really unique stripe-to-knee loop. I used Petrels in place of the Hummel chevrons on the shoulders and the back of the helmet. When I saw the plain uniform it was missing something - a "texture". I went with the M84 Camo pattern used by the #DanishMilitary.  The main reason I'm using this for my uniform isn't necessarily in homage to the military but more for bird watching/hunting. How do you get close to a wild animal to observe & take pictures? Camouflage/Ghillie Suits/Bird blinds. 

Also to give the kits a more unique flavor. For my "Real World" concepts I went with #AlphaPerformance's V8 Jerseys and Elite pants.

Fonts used: Numbers/Name on Back - alt smaq 6.8, Team Name on Front - Racing Sans One.





















No comments:

Post a Comment