Friday, February 5, 2016

Futbol as Football Series: U.S. Alessandria Calcio

Futbol as Football Series: U.S. Alessandria Calcio from Lega Pro/A in Italy.

The Grays or the Bears 


I was searching for teams whose main colors are gray or brown in which this club is one which I found. 

Here is how obscure this squad is to folks outside of Italy. 

I work at the front desk of a hotel and we have a great guest from Italy in which we can talk for hours together. We were talking about Futbol and I asked him (since he is from Northern Italy) if he knew about Alessandria Calcio in which he looked at me nearly stunned. "How do you know about them?"

I replied, "I'm a nerd". He said they're basically like a High School team or minor league baseball. I dig their current kits (2015) quite a bit. It is wonderfully old school. I incorporated the racing stripe from their chest to their shoulders a-la Texas A&M.


For the fonts I used Ariq for the name and numerals with Advent used for the chest word mark.







No comments:

Post a Comment