Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Rugby as Football Series: Southland Stags

Futbol (Rugby) as Football Series: #SouthlandStags from the #Mitre10Cup #ChampionshipDivision of #NewZealand

#Rugby is also called Football. SO this makes this an acceptable entry in this series, right?

Ah, who cares!!

It's my blog and if I can do a Gaelic Football squad then I can do a Rugby squad!

We're heading to the Southern South Island for our next squad as I do my best to convert the Southland Stags, from Invercargill, into a #Gridiron squad.

I have to admit that their 2016 #CCC (Canterbury of New Zealand) kit with sublimated Stag in the woods is a humdinger of a jumper!

Also, their 2013 (-ish) jersey was replete with #NorthwesternStripes which I thought would be sublime for their "Generic" set. I experimented with Number placement, badge placement, chest stripes and shoulder stripes while using their stylized "S" as their helmet sticker. I also added a "Southland" wordmark across the front. 

For my "Real World" concepts I went with a company out of Germany called #TNKD (https://www.tanked.de). They design some nice, sublimated uniforms for squads in the Grid Iron leagues of Germany, Austria, etc. I decided to go with their TNKD 5 template (one used for the Bad Kreuznach Thunderbirds) and incorporated on their purple jerseys the 2016 sublimation from their CCC tops. I used the skyline for the Southern Alps for their white tops to make a nice contrast highlighting the natural beauty of New Zealand.

Fonts Used: Numbers/Name: Perca, Wordmark: Real Stones



No comments:

Post a Comment